I look back and see that God has been working in my life from the time I was born to now. However, looking back to about 5 years ago and that is when I began to see the mighty way God was working in my life. I had been calling out to the Lord about things that had happened when I was growing up which had deeply effected me and caused a lot of pain. Let me add this, don't think just because you are Christian and bringing your children up in Church that Satan won't try to get them...HE WILL, and if you don’t get them grounded in God’s word, oh are they going to be in trouble. My parents always took my brother and I to church, my dad is a great teacher, preacher and man of God. Not only were my brother and I taken to church but from the time were toddlers, in addition to church going many times a week, my dad would sit us down every evening and we would have Bible Study. He would teach us God’s word. He was very consistent and I know now, that teaching is what kept me grounded in the difficult years to come.
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. When the Israelites heard Goliath’s challenge, they ran away in fear.
2. David’s brother encouraged him to go and fight Goliath.
3. David told Saul he was willing to fight Goliath.
4. David thought his most effective weapon against Goliath was a sword.
5. When David killed Goliath, the Philistine army surrendered.
-- Lisa DeVinney
Follow Up Questions:
1. What were Paul and Silas doing around midnight? Vs 25
2. Who could hear them? Vs. 25
3. What made the prison house shake? Vs 26
4. Were all the doors opened? Vs 26
5. Who thought the prisoners had escaped? vs.27.
6. Did any of the prisoners escape? Vs 28.
7. What question did the jailor ask of Paul? vs. 30
8. Fill in the blank to Acts 16:31 - And they said, Believe on the Lord _________
and thou shalt be _____________, thou and thy house.
9. Fill in the blank to today's focus verse: Acts 16:25 But about midnight Paul and Silas were ________ and singing
hymns unto ________, and the prisoners were listening to them;
10. Do you have a favorite song that you sing to God?
Take turns naming the songs that you praise the Lord with.
11. Do you spend enough time in prayer? Could you being taking more time out to pray?