Handout Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
David: Facing the Danger
Lesson 2: A Giant Slayer
“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Mark 9:23
Key verses for this week:
“What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?” Romans 8:31
“David said moreover, The Lord that delivered me out of the paw of the lion, and out of the paw of the bear, he will deliver me out of the hand of this Philistine. And Saul said unto David, Go, and the Lord be with thee.” 1 Samuel 17:37
“And all this assembly shall know that the Lord saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give you into our hands.” 1 Samuel 17:47
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. When the Israelites heard Goliath’s challenge, they ran away in fear.
2. David’s brother encouraged him to go and fight Goliath.
3. David told Saul he was willing to fight Goliath.
4. David thought his most effective weapon against Goliath was a sword.
5. When David killed Goliath, the Philistine army surrendered.