I have stuck unto thy testimonies: O LORD, put me not to shame.
I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law; yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein to I delight.
Let thy mercies come also unto me, O LORD, even thy salvation, according to thy word.
So shall I have wherewith no answer him that reproacheth me: for I trust in thy word.
And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth; for I have hoped in thy judgments.
So shall I keep thy law continually for ever and ever.
True or False
1. God’s new message for Ahab was that there would be three more years without rain.
2. Elijah challenged all of the prophets of Baal to a showdown on Mount Carmel.
3. There was never any answer from the pagan god, Baal.
4. The fire sent from God consumed everything, even the water in the trench.
5. After the Israelites saw the fire, they still insisted that Baal was their god.
-- Lisa DeVinney
Follow up questions and activity:
Let the children decorate the cups with windows and a door using a pencil or crayon. The cups will be used as houses in the experiment.
Set up two scenes.
1 with an upside down paper cup on top of the rock .
Tell the children that the cup represents a house.
Set up the other scene with the other upside down paper
cup placed on top of the sand.
1. When water is poured on the cup that is placed on the rock , what happens ?
2. When water is poured upon the cup which is on sand , what happens to the house on the sand ?
3. Did any of the sand move ?
4. Which foundation appears to be firm ?
5. What lesson is taught by Jesus for us to learn and trust in our own lives ?
6. Do we have storms that come and go in our lives ? Take the time to talk about this .
7. What makes us stronger according to Luke 6:46 ? After the children answer , please repeat the Luke 6:46 verse out loud to them.