1. Do you think of Jesus as your friend ? Why or why not ?
Read the following :
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
2. In today's Bible reading , who are you to learn of ? ( Jesus )
3. Is anyone too young or too old to have Jesus as their Friend ? ( No ! )
4. Fill in the blanks to today's memory verse : Take my yoke upon you, and ______ of me; for I am _______ and lowly in __________: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
5. What are some of the things you have already learned about Jesus ? Take turns talking about this .
6. Who or what helps you to learn of Jesus ? Take turns talking about this : Some answers may be from a Sunday School teacher, a church , The Bible , A Parent , etc.
7. The Bible passage we read today tells of Jesus being meek . Do you know what meek or meekness means ? It can mean-- to be calm or showing patience and humility- or having a gentle manner.
8. Will the meek be blessed by God ? Read the following from the Bible :
The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation.
And fnally - from Matthew 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
9. Will you continue to pray about learning all that you can about Jesus ?
Julie Pisacane ©
Close in Prayer.