Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Peter offered to wash everyone’s feet, instead of Jesus
2. Jesus washed the disciples’ feet to teach them about serving others.
3. Jesus told the disciples that they should serve others, even though it would make them miserable.
4. John agreed to take Mary as his own mother.
5. Jesus was thinking of others, even as He was dying on the cross.
-- Lisa DeVinney
Lesson Discussion Questions
1. Do you ever sing?
2. What are some of your favorite songs?
3. Do you know that we learn of others in the Bible that also liked to sing?
Read the following to the children:
1 Chronicles 13:8
And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.
4. Did you know that we learn in the Bible of God singing?
Read the following to the children”
Zephaniah 3:17The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
5. Do the children of God have good reasons to sing?
Take turns naming some of those reasons out loud!
6. Fill in the blanks to today's Bible verse:
Speaking to yourselves in psalms and________ and spiritual _______, singing and making melody in your heart to the ________;
6. In the hymn that goes with today's lesson ---there is a part of the song that says:" our lives are made brought by believing His Word ".
Isn't that a great reason for us to sing today and every day?
Lesson Activity: Take time to name and sing some of your own favorite worship songs today.
Close In Prayer and always with a song to God in your heart.