Where Two or Three Are Gathered
Open with Prayer : Ask the Lord to grant us understanding of today's lesson in His Word that we may apply it to our lives in a joyful way.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20
WHERE TWO OR THREE, WITH SWEET ACCORD
Where two or three, with sweet accord,
Obedient to their sovereign Lord,
Meet to recount His acts of grace,
And offer solemn prayer and praise;
“There,” says the Savior, “will I be,
Amid this little company;
To them unveil My smiling face,
And shed My glories round the place.”
We meet at Thy command, dear Lord,
Relying on Thy faithful Word:
Now send Thy Spirit from above,
Now fill our hearts with heavenly love.
Ask the children to listen carefully to the passage so that they can
answer some discussion questions directly following the reading .
Suggested Bible Reading : Matthew 5 :1 -9
And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him: 2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
1. Who is teaching the crowd that is gathered together ?
2. Do you think Jesus is comforting the people He is speaking to ? __________________________
3. Do you know that the words He spoke then are also meant for those who gather in His name even this day ?
4. Do you know that Jesus loves you ? ______________
5. Do you believe He is listening and among your group right now ? ________________________
6. What does that mean to you ?
7. Do you believe the words Jesus spoke ?
8. Do you know Jesus only spoke truth ?
Fill in the blanks based on today's memory verse :
For where ______ or _______ are __________ together in my _________, there am I in the midst of _________.
Close with prayer .
May 30, 2021