The Light Of The Eyes
Opening Prayer: May we give thanks and praise for Jesus Christ
the Light of this world who leads us in love, truth and righteousness.
For The Beauty of The Earth
For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.
Lord of all, to Thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.
For the beauty of each hour,
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light.
For the joy of ear and eye,
For the heart and mind’s delight,
For the mystic harmony
Linking sense to sound and sight.
Matthew 6:22The light of the body is the eye:
if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
28 The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
29The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
30The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
31The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
32He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.
33The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
Follow Up Questions on the passage from Proverbs:
1. What chapter of Proverbs was read today? 15
2. Fill in the blank from verse 28: The __________ of the righteous studieth to answer...
3. Does the Lord hear all prayers? Read verse 29 again to the children.
4. True or False: The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat. (True)
5. True or False: The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the fools.
6. Who gains understanding? Verse 32 but he that heareth reproof.
7. What is reproof? Tell the children - “to be corrected.”
8. Ask the children - if they have ever made a mistake on a school paper were they told about it or did they receive the correct answer? Tell them the same goes with how a child of God lives their life. If they have made a mistake, maybe told a lie or hurt someone, the Bible tells us this is wrong and we are to ask God's forgiveness and try very hard to keep His commandments.
9. Read the following verse also having to do with reproof: Proverbs
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
9. Did Jesus teach about keeping commandments? Yes
Read the following to the children: Matthew 22 --37Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38This is the first and great commandment.
39And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10. Do you love God with all your heart?
11. Are your eyes embracing the Light of our Lord?
Close in Prayer and have a most blessed day of worship.