Blessèd Bible, Book of Gold,
Precious truths thy pages hold,
Truths to lead me day by day
All along my pilgrim way.
Blessèd Bible, pure and true,
Guide me all my journey through;
Heav’nly light within me shine,
Help me make thy precepts mine!
Lamp of faith, my feet to lead,
Bread of Heav’n, my soul to feed;
Living waters pure and free,
Book of books thou art to me.
Word of God, thy love impart,
Fire my zeal, and cleanse my heart;
Keep me earnest, keep me true,
Ev’ry day my strength renew.
Today's Memory Focus Verse :
Psalm 103:1 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all
that is within me, bless his holy name.
Opening Questions and Discussion :
1. What ways can we bless the Lord ? Take turns answering .
2. What ways has the Lord blessed us ?
3. Are there new things that happen in your life
that you can thank God for right now ?
List Examples For The Children :
Maybe someone that was sick is now healing
--maybe there is a new baby in your family --
a parent has a new job - you are doing well in school,
you have people in your life that love you - you were able to do something to help someone out ...maybe a friend or relative of your family came to visit that you haven't seen in awhile. These are all wonderful things to be thankful for . We can thank God for all these things . All of the above listed are blessings and I am sure you can think of many more .
4. What does the word blessing mean ?
Share the following with the children from the online
Easton's Bible dictionary:
- We bless God when we thank him for his mercies (Psalm 103:1,2; 145:1,2).
- A man blesses himself when he invokes God's blessing (Isaiah 65:16), or rejoices in God's goodness to him (Deuteronomy 29:19; Psalm 49:18).
5. Everyday ,before going to sleep , think about the things you can thank God for and include them in your prayers.
6. Do you look to the Bible as a blessing from God ?
7. Have you ever thought about how many children around the world are learning from the Word of God and are thankful to learn of God's love for them ?
8. Read the following verses to the children :
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
Psalm 115 :13 He will bless them that fear the Lord, both small and great. 14 The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children. 15 Ye are blessed of the Lord which made heaven and earth.
Psalm 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Put what you have learned from this Bible lesson into practice:
Daily think about how and what the Lord has blessed you with
and how you can be a blessing to the Lord and to those He
has placed in your life.
Close With Prayer .