Grades 3-6 Handout for Sunday School
Moses: Parting of the Red Sea
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.”
Key verses for this week:
“speak unto the children of Israel, that they go forward:” Exodus 14:15
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. 1. Pharaoh was sorry that he had let the Israelites leave.
2. When the Israelites saw the Egyptian army coming, they knelt down to pray because they trusted God to deliver them.
3. The Israelites had a difficult time moving through the wet sand between the walls of water.
4. Pharaoh’s army realized they were in trouble when the wheels of their chariots started to come off.
5. Some of the Egyptian army swam to safety after the water came back down.
Devotional Poem: Miracle Crossing
God’s people were hemmed in on every side.
They saw no place of refuge they could hide.
But God sent out a mighty wind that blew,
And split the daunting Red Sea right in two.
And there, God’s people walked through on dry land.
But Pharaoh’s wheels came off there, in the sand.
And as the waters fell back into place,
The army knew they’d overstepped God’s grace.
Then with a mighty rush, they lived no more.
But Israel was safely on the shore,
Where they rejoiced to see God’s mighty hand,
As they set out, to find the Promised Land.