Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Elijah: Where God Guides, He Provides
Elijah, Lesson 5: God Provides Encouragement, by Lisa DeVinney
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
Key verses for this week:
“But [Elijah] himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers.”
1 Kings 19:4
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
“…but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.” 1 Kings 19:11b-12
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Elijah was not afraid of what Ahab and Jezebel might do to him.
2. Elijah was discouraged because he thought he was the only one left who still worshipped the Lord instead of Baal.
3. Elijah went to Mount Horeb; the same mountain where Moses saw the burning bush.
4. God decided that the best thing for Elijah was to let him die.
5. God sent Elijah to anoint two new kings, and a new prophet to take his place.