Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Elijah: Where God Guides, He Provides
Lesson 3: God Provides, Even When It Seems Too Late
“And Jesus, looking upon them, saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.” Mark 10:27
Key verses for this week:
“And it came to pass after these things, that the son of the woman, the mistress of the house, fell sick; and his sickness was so sore, that there was no breath left in him.” 1 Kings 17:17
“This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified by it.” John 11:4b
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. The widow wondered if God took her son to punish her for her sin.
2. Elijah also questioned why God allowed the boy to die.
3. Elijah took the boy to a doctor to see if he could help.
4. Elijah did not rely on himself, but cried out to God to bring the boy back to life.
5. The widow believed that Baal was responsible for healing her son.