Sunday School Lesson for Grades 3-6
Christmas: Lesson 3
A Humble Birth Day Party
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:11
Key verses for this week:
“And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)” Luke 2:4
“And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:7
“And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them…” Luke 2:8-9
“And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.” Luke 2:20
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. It’s about eighty miles from Nazareth to Bethlehem.
2. The innkeeper turned Mary and Joseph away because they were poor.
3. Angles brought the news of Jesus’ birth to the shepherds.
4. The angels told the shepherds that they would find the baby in a grand palace.
5. The shepherds kept all they had seen and heard to themselves.