Sunday School Lesson for Grades 3-6
Christmas: Lesson 1
The Promised Messiah
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6
Key verses for this week:
“And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.” Genesis 3:15
“For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.” Romans 5:19
“He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.” Isaiah 53:3
“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus; for he shall save his people from their sins.” Matthew 1:21
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. God’s plan to credit us with Adam’s sin was fair.
2. Jesus was the Messiah that God had promised in The Old Testament.
3. Jesus fulfilled the Jews’ expectations of their promised Messiah.
4. An angel explained to Mary and Joseph that Mary’s baby was the promised Savior of the world.
5. Isaiah prophesied that the Messiah would be strong and handsome.