We Will Build
Children's World Sunday School Bible Lesson
Opening prayer: Join together in prayer thankful for God's precious lessons found in The Bible. May we pray for understanding and thank Him for His everlasting love.
Sunday School Lesson Materials:
1. The Bible. 2. cup of sand 3. large rock 4. water.
Activity : Demonstrate the pouring of water on the sand and then on the rock . Talk about the results afterward. Did the sand sink and get disturbed ? Did anything happen to the rock besides getting wet ?
Scripture Reading for Today From Matthew:24 “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
We’ll build on the rock, the living Rock,
On Jesus, the Rock of Ages;
So shall we abide the fearful shock,
When loud the tempest rages.
We’ll build on the Rock,
We’ll build on the Rock;
We’ll build on the Rock, on the solid Rock,
On Christ, the mighty Rock.
Some build on the sinking sands of life,
On visions of earthly treasure;
Some build on the waves of sin and strife,
Of fame, and worldly pleasure.
O build on the Rock, for ever sure,
The firm and the true foundation;
Its hope is the hope which shall endure,
The hope of our salvation.
Lesson Questions : 1. Which ground is better for a house to be built upon ? Sand or Rock ?
2. Do you know who spoke the above words in today's Bible reading ? If you answered Jesus , you are correct !
3. Does the Hymn mention Jesus as the Rock to build on in our lives ? How come ? Talk about it.
4. Do you know anyone that considers Jesus the foundation in their life ? Anyone in your church or community ? Talk about it and then say a prayer to God thanking to have them in your life sharing their love and faith about Jesus.
5. How can we learn about Jesus ? Talk about it . Some answers can be Church, home, through prayerful time with the Bible, hymns, through all those who have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
LESSON WORD SCRAMBLE
ESJUS _______ _______ ________ ________ _______
OCKR _____ _______ ________ _________
NDAS _____ _______ _______ ________
BBIEL ______ _______ ______ _______ _______
IBUDL _______ _______ _________ _________ ________
AFTHI _______ ________ _________ _________ _________
Putting this lesson into action : Think upon songs this week that are all about Jesus. Think about Jesus as the Rock in your life. God loves you and your faith foundation can be solid with Jesus as the Rock . Let us keep building on the foundation that will stand firm. May God richly bless all of you