What Would JESUS Do?
Our Sunday school topic for today focuses on the questions, what would Jesus do, and what has JESUS done?
Handout: What Would JESUS Do?
1. Ask the students – Think about the past year or two of your life. How many times have you stopped and asked yourself, What Would JESUS do, if HE were in this situation? How often do you go to the Lord in prayer and ask for guidance before making decisions, be they great or small? We as human beings were created to be interdependent. No matter how much we want or desire to be independent, it is not possible. We will turn to a master. We will turn to something, or someone to help us go through life. We as children of GOD, rely on CHRIST. He is our master. We understand that through serving our FATHER, we find freedom in HIM. The Holy Spirit is ever with us, leading and guiding us as to what choices are the best ones for our lives.
2. Ask the students – Think back again to the past few years of your life, on further to Christ’s ministry while HE was here on earth. What has JESUS done for you, for all in the world, and what benefits we receive just simply because we chose to believe and accept HIM as our Savior? What has he done and what does HE continue to do for you on a personal level as you walk with Him day by day? He is our comfort in times of trouble, our protector, our provider, our soul keeper, our teacher, the mediator between GOD the FATHER and man. He suffered and died, so that we might live a life of abundance and joy in HIM. HE paid the ultimate price for our sins and for the whole world, for everyone that’s ever lived and died.
3. Shouldn’t we as children of the Most High live a life of excellence, living deeper to help others? JESUS made a way that we could have life abundantly, why not tell others of His goodness and be a light and witness of HIM? We can ask ourselves everyday as we cross the paths of others, what would JESUS do, and what has JESUS done in my life to enable me to be a light to honor the FATHER?
4. What are some of the things you ask guidance for?
5. What does the Bible say?
6. Describe the joy and personal reward of humble dedication - the indwelling Christ
7. Challenge students to serve others in humility this week
Have each one explain or write down some of the ways they ask for guidance and ask themselves what would JESUS do, as well as, What are some of the most special things JESUS has done for you during your walk with HIM.
"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35. For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36. Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 39. Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40. And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.”
Dear Heavenly Father,
We bow before you in honor and thanksgiving.
Thankful that you gave to us your only begotten Son, and that HE died for our sins so that we could be saved and set free from sin as well as have relationship with you. We ask you to remind us daily to ask ourselves what would JESUS do as we go about our day making decisions and choices that effect our lives. Help us to always follow you Lord and do as you would have us to do, and help us to always be thankful for what You have done for us and for the whole world. We love you and praise you…We love you JESUS and we praise Your name…Thank You for all you do…
(In the name of JESUS we pray…)