Prayer Turned Testimony
Prayer Turned Testimony
Our Sunday school topic for today focuses on Testimony. How we live everyday life, how we conduct ourselves in the world is testimony of our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We can have a verbal testimony bringing glory, praise and worship to God, however, living testimony most times speaks volumes more, and has much more of a lasting impact on others who live around us. Even when we don't realize it, we are watched by others, and we are examples, testimonies of God's goodness, and love. We must be very careful of our attitudes toward others and ask God to manifest His love in us, so that when the world looks on us, they instead see Christ and His love.
Handout: Prayer Turned Testimony
1. Ask the students -What exactly is Testimony? Testimony is open declaration or profession, as of faith. What is your testimony? Each child of GOD, as we grow in the knowledge of His word and in relationship, should have a testimony. We live by faith and not by sight, however, we can feel the Holy Spirit, and we are guided by the Holy Spirit. We cannot see him, we cannot show him visually to others eyes. However, in knowing Christ, in having relationship with our Father, we each have a testimony declaring He is real, professing that Jesus is our Lord and Savior, and by our testimony, we are a witness for Christ in helping to further the Kingdom of God. Through our testimonies or declarations of faith, we are planting seeds in the hearts of those that do not yet know Christ. The Holy Spirit will use those seeds to harvest souls into the family of God.
2. Ask the students -What are some ways that we, as followers of Christ, can increase our testimony, showing others Christ's love? How can our testimonies become filled by God's spirit so that it reaches out and touches the hearts of the lost ones around us in love, drawing them to Jesus? Daily communication with God through prayer is crucial. Reading and meditating on God's word is also of vital importance. This is where our strength lies. Seeking council from the Father and asking Him to work through us to bring others to Himself, through our testimony.
3. In seeking God through prayer, asking God to give wisdom, seeking wisdom. Proverbs 4:7 says that wisdom is the principle thing, therefore get wisdom, and we know that wisdom comes from the Lord. Through getting wisdom, God can do a work and perfect His testimony in us, so that we can show it to the world around us. Psalm 19:7 " The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple." God does not expect us to make certain that others believe the truth, we do not have the power to do that. We are however, expected to share the gospel with others as the Spirit leads us, and we can do that through testimony, then trusting the Holy spirit to follow up, doing His work in the hearts of those in which we sow the seed, thus bringing them to Christ. (John 12:32 " And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.")
4. Why is it important as a born again child of GOD, to have a testimony? What are some ways we can we can combine testimony and witness, to plant seeds in the hearts of others?
5. What does the Bible say?
6. Describe the joy and personal reward of humble dedication - the indwelling Christ
7. Challenge students to serve others in humility this week
Take time letting everyone share their testimony, and saying what God leads their hearts to say. Discuss the importance of being able to live that testimony daily. We are living testimonies of Christ. As He was lifted up on a cross, lift His name on high telling the good news that He lives forever and is the hope of our future, our eternity.
"Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 4. I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ. 5. That in every thing ye are enriched by Him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; 6. Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
Discuss how Christ dying on the cross was HIS testimony of love for a lost, dying world with no hope except in Him. Discuss how His testimony is confirmed in us. (Through Salvation)
Father I ask for wisdom,
that only comes from you.
Teach me your laws of love,
Keep my heart forever pure and true.
Help me be a living testimony,
and walk life's path in your way.
So that others can see your light,
that leads from darkness into day.
In JESUS name...Amen