The Joyful Sound
Our Sunday school topic for today focuses on knowing, hearing, obeying and feeling the joy in the sound of God's voice through the Holy Spirit that dwells in all believers.
Handout: The Joyful Sound
1. Ask the students -There are many sounds that bring us joy in our lives. The sound of the ocean, the sound of children laughing, or the birds singing on a happy morning. The sound of the saints of God singing praise to Him in hymns in worship. However, the most beautiful and most important sound to listen for that brings the most joy to us as believers is a sound that we listen to with our hearts. The sound of God's voice. How does God speak to us? What does it sound like? You know that tugging at your heart, that still small voice leading you down paths that you must trod. Directing you in ways that is best for you to go. God speaks to His children through the Holy Spirit that comes to dwell in us after we believe and ask Jesus to save us, confessing to Him that we are sinners in need of salvation. The Holy Spirit comes and stays with us, leading us and directing our steps. One may ask, how can I get God to speak to me more? The Bible says to draw nigh to God and that He would draw nigh to you...and one way is through daily communication with the Father through prayer. Seeking Him with your heart, with a desire to know Him, with a desire to please and obey Him.
2. Ask the students - Think back, when was the first time you heard the voice of God? Was it leading you to Jesus? Leading you to salvation? Satan fighting all time trying to get you to ignore it, telling you that it wasn't important. Remember the Joy you felt after you obeyed His voice and came to an alter of repentance and accepted Jesus as your Savior. As we live and grow in God's Word, we find even more joy in hearing His voice more and more and realizing more each day just exactly what a price He paid for our freedom, because He loves us so much...Praise You FATHER!!!
3. Exodus 19:5 "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine" The sound of Gods voice to our hearts is comforting in knowing that we can obey Him, trusting Him because He will never let us down, and that everything He leads us to do is for our good. He would never ask you do to anything to cause you harm. Our Father delights in the Son/Daughter that will obey His voice without question, ever trusting. What a soothing and joy filled sound to our spirits. Sometimes God speaks to our Spirits directly, sometimes He uses other people such as preachers and teachers and other brothers and sisters. Sometimes He uses things around us to speak to our hearts...and always He speaks to us through his word when we read and study it. It is so important to read Gods word and to talk to Him everyday.
4. It is always better to obey the voice of God and not doubt. He keeps us from harms and dangers we are not aware of, and leads us always in the right directions that is best for us to reach our destiny.
5. What does the Bible say?
6. Describe the joy and personal reward of humble dedication - the indwelling Christ
7. Challenge students to serve others in humility this week
Have the class discuss ways GOD has spoken to them, and the results thereof in obeying His voice.
John 10: 27
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."
Father help us to always listen closely
for your voice and to obey You without a
second thought. Let us ever be thankful
for Your voice and direction in our lives
that keeps us from danger,and that takes us
down paths that lead to you and your peace.
May we always know the joyful sound of
(In the name of JESUS...Amen.)
May 6, 2018