Just The Greatest - John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John
There is not a greater verse in scripture. It sums it all and condenses it into
a verse that is easily understood, eternal and all inclusive in its scope.
- Ask the students - What is love?
- Ask the students - How can you see that you are loved?
- Show an illustration of the world. Ask: Would it be possible to
love the world?
- Ask: Would the world be loved, or the people in it?
- Could one person love everyone in the world?
- What does the Bible say about God's love?
- How can we know that God loves the world?
- Describe Jesus as the ultimate gift from God to all of us.
Bring an illustration or a ball to class to
represent the world.
God is love.
And he said unto Jesus, Lord,
remember me when
thou comest into thy kingdom.