To Be An “Abigail”
March 1, 2009
The Holy Bible
1. To be an “Abigail” one must trust the Lord. Do you fully trust Him?
Psalms 5:11 “But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.”
2. To be an “Abigail” one must live with wisdom and integrity.
Proverbs 8:11 “For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.”
Proverbs 11: 3 “The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.”
3. To be an “Abigail” one must not be a sluggard or lazy, one must be quick to obey God in all things.
Proverbs 13:4 “The soul of the sluggard desireth, and hath nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made fat.”
4. To be an “Abigail” one must have humility before the Lord.
Proverbs 15:33 “The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.”
Proverbs 22:4 “By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.”
5. To be an “Abigail” one must be a peacemaker.
Psalms 34:13 “Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.”
Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.”
6. To be an “Abigail” one must have true courage that comes only from God.
Joshua 1:9 “Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”
Psalm 31:24 “Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.”