Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
New Testament Women of Faith
The Unnamed Woman’s Faith in Action
Coloring Page for Young Visitors
“…I will shew thee my faith by my works.” James 2:18b
Key verses for this week:
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
“Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.” James 2:17
“And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster box of ointment, And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.” Luke 7:37-38
“And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.” Luke 7:50
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Simon treated Jesus’ with worship and respect.
2. Simon judged the woman to be a sinner.
3. Jesus knew what Simon was thinking, even though he didn’t say it out loud.
4. Jesus told the woman her sins were forgiven.
5. Jesus said He was forgiving her sins because of all the nice things she did for Him.