Grades 3-6 Lesson Handout for Sunday School
Moses: The Golden Calf
“Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;” Ephesians 6:6
Key verses for this week:
“All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient.” (Exodus 24:7)
“And when the people saw that Moses delayed to come down out of the mount, the people gathered themselves together unto Aaron, and said unto him, Up, make us gods, which shall go before us;” (Exodus 32:1a)
“…behold, mine Angel shall go before thee: nevertheless in the day when I visit I will visit their sin upon them.” (Exodus 32:34b)
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. The Israelites did not know what had become of Moses.
2. The people continued to worship God, as they waited for Moses to return.
3. Aaron claimed that the golden calf had just come out of the fire.
4. God said He wanted to consume all the Israelites, and start a new nation with Moses.
5. God did not punish the Israelites for their idol worship.
“Thou shalt not” was soon forgotten
By the nation God had begotten.
But His love and mercy flowed,
As ‘twas grace that God bestowed.
Still, the time comes…we must choose:
God’s life to gain, or ours to lose.