Grades 3-6 Lesson 47 for Sunday School: Handout
Joseph: Part 5
Changes – Outside & In
Coloring Page for Young Visitors
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
Key verses for this week:
“And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.” Genesis 41:46
“And Joseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him.” Genesis 42:8
“And they said one to another, We are verily guilty concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore is this distress come upon us.” Genesis 42:21
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. The famine that struck Egypt did not affect other lands.
2. Joseph recognized his brothers when they bowed before him.
3. Joseph revealed his true identity to his brothers when they didn’t recognize him.
4. Joseph’s brothers admitted that they were guilty of harming their brother.
5. Joseph sent his brothers back home with the money they had paid for their food.
Devotional Poem: New Creatures
God can make amazing changes in the darkest heart;
Make of us new creatures; give us each a brand new start.
We can thank Him for this truth; then take a look around,
And see that God is changing hearts that once, in sin, were bound.