Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Lesson 1: In the Bottom of a Boat, Hiding
“Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” Psalm 139:7
Key verses for this week:
“Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.” Jonah 1:1-2
“If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.” Psalm 139:9
“Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.” Jonah 1:17
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Jonah gladly accepted God’s call to go to Nineveh.
2. Jonah found a boat going in the opposite direction from Nineveh.
3. The sailors tried, unsuccessfully, to pray to their own gods to make the storm stop.
4. When the sailors learned that Jonah was responsible, they immediately threw him into the sea.
5. The sea was calm once the sailors threw Jonah overboard.