Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Abigail Does the Right Thing
“Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;”
Key verses for this week:
“And David said to Abigail, Blessed be the LORD God of Israel, which sent thee this day to meet me: And blessed be thy advice, and blessed be thou, which hast kept me this day from coming to shed blood, and from avenging myself with mine own hand.” 1 Samuel 25:32-33
“Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.” Romans 12:19
“And Abigail hasted…and she went after the messengers of David, and became his wife.” 1 Samuel 25:42
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Nabal was happy to send food back for David and his men.
2. David completely understood Nabal’s refusal to help.
3. Everyone, including Nabal’s wife, found him to be wicked and foolish.
4. David intended to kill all the male members of Nabal’s household.
5. After Nabal’s death, Abigail never heard from David again.