Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Elijah: Where God Guides, He Provides
Lesson 6: God Provides Proof of His Presence
“…for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
Key verses for this week:
“and Elijah passed by him, and cast his mantle upon him..”
1 Kings 19:19b
“And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.” 2 Kings 2:9
“And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.” 2 Kings 2:11
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Elisha knew he had been chosen as God’s prophet when Elijah shook his hand.
2. Before he became a prophet, Elisha was using oxen to plow a field.
3. Elijah invited Elisha to join him as he traveled to several cities.
4. No one besides Elisha saw Elijah part the Jordan River.
5. Elisha parted the Jordan River, just as Elijah had done.