Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
Elijah: Where God Guides, He Provides
Lesson 2: God Provides When the River Runs Dry
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
Key verses for this week:
“Arise, get thee to Zarephath, which belongeth to Zidon, and dwell there: behold, I have commanded a widow woman there to sustain thee.” 1 Kings 17:9
“And she went and did according to the saying of Elijah: and she, and he, and her house, did eat many days.” 1 Kings 17:15
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jeremiah 29:11
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. The brook God had sent Elijah to dried up in the drought.
2. When Elijah arrived in Zarephath, he could not find the widow.
3. The widow thought that she and her son would soon starve to death.
4. The widow made herself some food first, then fed Elijah with what was left.
5. God provided the widow with an endless supply of meal and oil.