Handout Grades 3-6 Sunday School Lesson
David: Facing the Danger
Lesson 1: A Good Shepherd
“for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7b
Key verses for this week:
“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God.” Micah 6:8
“All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6
“I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.” John 10:11
Fill in the Blanks
True or False
1. Jesse guessed right away that David was the son Samuel was looking for.
2. When David was a shepherd, God had helped him kill a bear and a lion.
3. David assumed that God would help him if he fought against Goliath.
4. A good shepherd stays with his sheep as long as everything is going well.
5. Jesus called Himself “the good shepherd.”